maandag 24 december 2012

writing competition translation

cliffhanger
My cheeks were stone cold, i closed the cabin door behind me. I heard Eline calling 'Don't you
dare to leave me here, you basterd"
The sound of breaking glass and than total silence. I fixed my ski's and started to descent the
mountain. Had to go to the airport in Crans Montana as fast as possible. If Eline spoke the
truth was this my only change to prevent that things went horribly wrong.  The snow was
pouring down rapidly, i was hoping that this wouldn't effect the flights from the airport.
Suddenly I felt the snow sliding under me. Before I knew it I rolled down. With me was a ton of
extra snow with it. "
My story :
Like a blanket encloses the snow mass me, the panic strikes. I struggle my way through the
snow layers but i reach the opposite result. More and more I am embraced by the snow. The
panic hits me, I feel I lose my orientation and finally I lose consciousness. Somewhere I hear
or feel something? With difficulty I open my eyes. The realization that I lie beneath the snow
strikes me again like a sledgehammer. But now I look very attentively to a light above me, it
moves. There is hope for me, I think there is someone there.
Now i see a movement in the snow, there is someone scooping the snow away. My savior,
great, my heart swells when I see his snowy face. From him I hear that I probably have been
lying about 6 hours under the snow . Eline seems to have called Sion to stop me. That's why
the ball has started rolling and rescue teams went looking for me. Fortunately, one of the
rescuers thought off a telephone tracing. GPS is often found in smart phones and especially in
these. You can set a precise location tracking execution. If you are not able to make calls
tracing is an option. I shake my head when I realize that Eline is partly responsible for my
salvation. No way I want to thank her for that, she has destroyed my whole life. I introduce
myself to my savior "Nick, pleasant to meet you and you really don't know how pleasant"
"Cool phone Nick, as we will soon get out of here I want to look at it more closely. It saved
your life.  By the way, my name is Ferdy '. Ferdy pulls me further out the snow blanket, into
the light and I am stretching my muscles. Fortunately, everything still works. "What were you
doing here, middle of fucking nowhere? There is absolutely no slope and even the inhabitants
of this area are certainly not goping to sky on this side. "With this question he puts me right
back into the present. "How can we get out of here as soon as possible and towards an
airport?" I almost feel the rushing of my re-found energy in the air around us. Ferdy looks at
me oddly. "Please, first recover your energy dude! Moreover, you should go to a hospital to be
checked ' Ferdy, I know I sound ungrateful but a few hours my life is over. I have absolutely
got to go to an airfield otherwise my situation is hopeless."
Desperately I look at him and luckily I see he realizes that I am utterly serious. Ferdy gives me
my ski poles and says "Come on, it will not be easy but we will make an attempt to get out of
here. Even for me it will not be easy. Stay in my tracks "On the fresh snow we whiz to the
unknown. After half an hour uninterrupted skying, Ferdy stops abruptly. Donnerwetter. I hear
him muttering to himself. He turns to me and I see the desperation in his eyes. Nick, I do not
know anymore, the avalanche has changed everything. All my landmarks have disappeared. You
salvation will take a little longer than usual. I feel desperate. The only thing I dont have is
time. Then ít hits me like a bomb. "Ferdy, I have a card reader on my phone, would that be
handy?" "Aber Naturlich, come on with that thing." Eagerly he goes to work, I show him how
using the apps . "Super, why doesn't have our brigade this great phone?" Here we go again and
this time in the right direction. It is not long before we see some houses in the distance and
when we get closer I see the rescue shelter. When we arrived we rush to remove the skies. We
run to the jeep, step in and Ferdy rushes towards the airport of Crans Montana. The other
members of the rescue team are very surprised to see us leave in such a hurry.  Ferdy shakes
his head in disbelief and said, "Such a rescue like this, I have never experienced,  what is
really going on? Would you tell me please. "
"My story is terrible and long Ferdy but I'm glad I can share it with someone. My job is affiliate
marketer, if you want to do a good job then you often attend seminars of the professionals in
the industry. So I travel around the world to collect all the information I can get. During my
London trip I met someone . Long ago i have been incredibly in love with her and actually i still
am. Due to circumstances I lost her then and now I am so glad I found her again. After i left
her I never had a girlfriend, some friendships, yes, but not the one and only. I had already
gave up to find my true love and lived to work. But now everything is different. She was in the
hotel where I was staying and when we saw each other we both knew that this meeting was
predestined. Never have I been so in love, so hopelessly lost but very happy. But of course
there is a problem, she's engaged to be marrief tomorrow ..... "Suddenly i realize that the
wedding will take place today. Through the hours that I was unconscious i have lost a lot of
time. I feel desperate. "What time is it now?" I ask Ferdy. "I talked to her and we agreed to
meet at the airport 12 o'clock sharp today. Thus we had both this reflection period to see if
this is really what we both want. For me it wasn't necessary, I'm quite sure I want her. Now
and forever. "
Ferdy looks at me intently. "Why then were you on top of that mountain, that's asking for
trouble?" "Because of Eline" Sorry I bow my head. 'Eline is my personal assistant, she told me
that Anna did not intend to blow off her marriage. Last Thursday she came to me with the
announcement in the newspaper of the marriage of Anna and Jeff. I was desolate, depressed
and she immediately took me to flee to Switzerland. She has rented that house on that
mountain. Actually I couldn't care less. My life was over, I was betrayed by my love.
Sad, very sad. Until there came a message from Anna. She misses me and could not wait until
our meeting Saturday, 12 o'clock. At the end of the message she hoped that we would never
leave each other again and our marriage would be everlasting. But all that would be confirmed
by my arrival at the airport. "The desperation hits me again" Ferdy gives me the phone, he still
had him in his pocket for the navigation oo the mountain. "So it was a miscommunication'? he
asks. The anger flared again through me "No, certainly not. It was Eline, she is in love with
me. She has manipulated the whole thing and destroyed our lives "Meanwhile I try if the phone
is working, after the avalanche this will not be easy I guess. Incredibly, all functions still work.
I check the time and i see to my disappointment that it is exactly 12:00. At this time I had to
close Anna in my arms.
Too late ................... how disappointed she would be. I can't call her now anymore.
Depressed I let my head and suddenly I hear a beep coming from my phone. There comes a
reminder inside but I don't want to open it,'m too depressed. "Give me," says Ferdy strict. He
opens the message and starts laughing and hit me on my shoulder. "Call, man, you've got an
hour and if you don't call i will!"
I look at him in disbelief, grab the phone from him and read the message quickly. A reminder of
a time difference! I press my fast track to Anna, she pick's up immediately. "Anna, Anna, I
have to call, i can't fly. But i'll be with as soon as the airport will open again. "I hear her
calling my name over the phone. "Yes darling, I miss you too! During the trip to the airport, I
was hit by an avalanche, rescued by the rescueteam of Crans Montana and a little help of my
phone.  Long story. I take a breath and ask: Will you marry me? ""Yes, yes, yes, I'm waiting
for you!" Anna is screaming to me and i hear the emotion in her voice. Intensely happy we
arrive at the parking lot of the airport. Ferdy and I embrace each other and after hitting
shoulders and congratulated and thanked over and over again I say Ferdy Ferdy, today I was
rescued four times, once by you and three times by my phone. I personally make sure that you
and the entire rescueteam have these phones to your disposal as soon as possible And you are
invited to our wedding. "With a nod to Ferdy I walk away, my new life awaits.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten